WISCONSIN MARRIAGE DEFENDERS

The chronicles of the Wisconsin Marriage Defenders of Oshkosh, Wisconsin.

Friday, August 11, 2006

AD HOMINEM

*

Some schlock named Schlack had this printed in the Oshkosh Northworstern:

Renouncing Christianity affirmed by letter

Teno Groppi gives me affirmation for my renouncement of ChristiNanity (sic) as a false religion.

Edward J. Schlack Neenah

Actually, the schlock isn't Schlack. The real schlock is the editor for printing his letter.

Not that I get upset when people say nasty things to me. I have a parade of evolutionists, sodomites, atheists, gun-grabbers, New World Order lackeys, executive editors, and such like, standing in line to hurl their invectives at me. I don't lose a wink of sleep over it.

The problem with this though, was that it was a purely personal attack. Had Mr. Schlack pointed out something in my previous letter that turned him the wrong way, that's fine, even if I disagree with him. But all he did was make a smear at me personally. An editor worthy of working for the National Enquirer should never have let that stand. Such ad hominem has no place in a respectable newspaper (but I guess it might be appropriate in the Northworstern).

Had I send in a short ad hominem attack on one of our local sodomites, like "Michael Kahl isn't half as manly as Michael Jackson", do you think the editor would print it? Do you think he should print it? I don't.

But, it's just another example of how Stew Rieckman will take any cheap opportunity to slam those opposed to queer marriage and give another wink and plug to the sodomites.

Merriam Webster:

schlock: evil, nuisance, literally, blow: of low quality or value

P.S. In an unusual irony, the National Enquirer is threatening to sue me for libel for comparing them to the Oshkosh Northworstern. I offer them my sincerest apologies for that egregious insult.

10 Comments:

  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger Jared and Beka said…

    Mr. Schlack has a reasonable argument. He rejects Christ and His teachings because he doesn't like you. That seems as rational and acceptable as sodomite marriages to me. I'm sure Jesus will understand.

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So glad that while you’re busy bashing Stew Reickman and Michael Kahl with name-calling and arrogant posturing, others are working compassionately to ensure that voters in WI will not enshrine your brand of Christianity into the state constitution. Perhaps Mr. Schlack didn’t choose his words wisely, but you seemed to have missed his point entirely: you are turning off people to Christianity with your hate. You do not speak of the Jesus that I and others have come to know.

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger T.G. said…

    I've brought plenty INTO Christianity by being plainspoken.

    If Mr. Schlack can reject Christianity because he can find a Christian he doesn't like, then I can reject sodomite marriage because there are some sodomites I don't like.

    That's not the reason I am against sodomite marriage, but if you can justify that excuse for him, you must justify it for me or you're the hypocrite.

    We can always find someone of any group we don't like if that is justification for rejecting the whole group. If I find a black person I don't like, can I thus reject all blacks? According to YOUR take of Schlack, I can.

    No doubt there are some homosexuals who are friendly, likeable people. That doesn't mean I would support sodomite marriage because of them.

    Nobody is asking for any brand of Christianity to be enshrined in the WI constitution with this amendment. Christianity includes a lot more than queer marriage.

    In fact, this amendment doesn't even change the existing marriage laws, it only adds existing marriage laws to the State constitution.

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger T.G. said…

    BTW Jared, are you free this evening? We're going to Culver's tonight and would be pleased to have your company.

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Jared and Beka said…

    stop that Teno, I'm married

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger T.G. said…

    But I heard you were involved in a gay marriage?

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just keep on keepin' on, Teno. Every voter who reads one of your letters or one of your rants is another no vote. You're turning more undecided voters into no voters than Fair Wisconsin ever could.

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger T.G. said…

    The margin went from 1% to 9% in our (YES) favor. I hope Fair(y) Wisconsin and I keep doing so well with the undecided voters. Thank you for the props.

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger T.G. said…

    BTW anonymous, if you really thought I was creating more 'no' votes, you wouldn't want to discourage me by telling me I am helping the opponent.

    The truth is, you want me to be quiet, so the truth about sodomite marriage remains hidden.

    Don't hold your breath. Comments like yours prove that I'm making a difference for the right and encouraging YES votes.

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've done my part.

    You're going to have to reread your blog comments back to the time Al Gore invented the Internet.

    What a dope, trying to kill the homo within! Just can't be done guy, no matter how many leaflets you pass out or comments you delete.

    Silly Rabbit! LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home